Monday, October 8, 2007

New Beginnings

It is hard to believe that we have been in Washington DC for over 2 months already! A friend recommended that I start a blog to keep everyone updated - especially since I love photos so much. So I am going to give it a try and see if I like it and keep up with it. I am a very "chronological" person though, so I want to do a concise update of our life here in photos BEFORE I post anything else.

Ok here goes.

NEW CAR


The prius has been awesome. At least we are saving money on something!


NEW HOME:



This is to show you how a whole room can become one tiny space when you move from a house to a one-bedroom condo. This is also the only space clean enough right now for me to post a picture of :-) I am also happy that we managed to recreate some of Marisol's nursery in our new home.


NEW JOB


Marisol and I are lucky enough to get to hang out with Nils every day. Marisol gets a great playmate and I get paid for basically being a mommy!


NEW SCHOOL
Mike's doing great at Georgetown, and hopefully this will lead to a great NEW JOB :-)

NEW (BOY)FRIENDS

In addition to Nils, Marisol has a new boyfriend named Daniel. They have been working on their kissing technique. Just like at home, Marisol has made more boyfriends than girlfriends!


Daniel and his Mom, Anita live in the same building as us. We feel lucky to have made such good friends that live so close to us!





NEW STEPS

Since we've been here Marisol has started walking on her own, and started to sign and say words. She is getting to be such a big girl!

8 comments:

kim dance said...

Love the blog!!! Now you just have to tell people about it and let them know that they CANT get on without posting a comment! It is a blogging faux pas! great pics too!

giovanna may said...

Susan,

The pictures are awsome and make me miss you guys esp. Marisol more.
See you very soon, though and you Marisol and I can go shopping in DC>>>>>>>>>>>>awsome

Love and a :) GG

Sarah said...

Susan!!! I'm so glad you started a blog. Kim has inspired me to; I'll send you the link soon! This is such a great way to stay in touch! Sounds like you are all doing well!!

Mieke said...

Susan-

Love the blog. I have one started.. need to add to it and pass out the address.

We miss you...

Mieke

shonna said...

Susan, Michael, and Marisol! I hope all is well and by the pictures everything looks great. I miss you at school my science class is such a bore, oh well! I love the Blog and the pictures, ok I have to get some sleep I have a school base meeting late tomorrow night and I must go to bed! Talk to you soon!

MomDadD said...

Honey, your blog is so cute! Now that you have the background, you can focus on the great details, especially that beautiful granddaughter of ours! ;-) I can't wait for your next update. Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Hey guys,
I love all the pictures and it sounds like everything is going well. My goodness Marisole is getting so big (she sure is adorable)! I am glad that you love it down there and I would too, Rochester is such a bore sometimes (I love cities)! Well take care and I will talk to you soon!
Shonna

Unknown said...

Hey I just noticed that my last entry to your blog was also on the 10th of the month that is "Ironic don't ya think" Ok I had to point that out. Take care and hope to hear from you soon! Oh I was wondering if you are coming back to Rochester for the holiday season and if you are make sure you let me know!
Shonna