Friday, February 1, 2013

Gerry Talk

"No pictures of me!"

Gerry is a talking machine now. Of course now that I want to write all the funny little expressions and conversations we have it's hard to remember them. All of his hard "Cs" and "Ks" come out as "Ts" so the other day when we were at our friends house playing with their train table he kept saying, "Where's the train??" and I kept holding one up and saying, "Here!!" until finally I realized he was looking for the CRANE. oops. He also says "titty" for "kitty" which made for an interesting conversation with his big sister when she wanted to know why that was so funny.

"Gs" are still "Ds" so when he wakes up in the middle of the night, refreshed from an 8 hour stretch, he pats me gently and says, "I want to doe downstairs".

Sometimes he asks Marisol (Marfole) to do something with him and she doesn't want to. So he says, "Otay, never mind. She doesn't want to."

But my favorite conversation with him lately is to tell him how much I love him. To which he says, "NO, you love Marfole! Daddy loves me!" He's really identifying strongly with matching up genders right now. For example he wants Marisol to pet Miss Katie because they're both girls while he can pet Mr. Pelo. Funny guy.

Here's a video of Gerry talking to my Dad on the phone. It's pretty much priceless. Enjoy!

No comments: